Academic Integration (AI) is an initiative and priority of the University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP). It is broadly defined as the comprehensive integration of UCEAP programs and courses into the curricula of the University of California campuses.
The two primary goals of AI are (1) to further engage and invest academic units in UCEAP, and
(2) to demonstrate the feasibility of, and reduce academic barriers to, participation in UCEAP for students in all disciplines.
Current Academic Integration Initiatives include:
- UCEAP Academic Integration Grants Program. Now accepting proposals for 2016-17! See the Call for Proposals and Application Form for more information.
- UCEAP AI Project with Campus Registrars
- Promotion & Advertising: Advertisement and advocacy of study abroad opportunities through discipline/major specific study abroad publications and academic unit channels including department websites.
- Research & Assesment: Underpinning all AI efforts are research and assesment activities.
Thus, AI makes international study a more prominent, accessible, and integral component of UC curricula, helping students fit study abroad appropriately and seamlessly into their academic programs; helping advisors harmonize advising messages from acdademic units and UCEAP; and helping faculty strengthen and promote relationships with internatinoal partners whose curricula completement those of UC.
Contact AIntegration@eap.ucop.edu for more information