UCEAP plays a critical role in training UC students for careers and empowering them to make contributions in a globalized world; thus the integration of EAP into the academic curricula of UC campuses and degree programs is a high priority.
Academic integration activities involve partnering with UC academic units to:
- Promote UCEAP study abroad through academic advising
- Provide students with major-specific advice as to why, where, and when they should participate in EAP
- Counsel students on how to choose appropriate course work abroad
- Approve UCEAP courses which fulfill major degree, language, or general education requirements
- Develop on-campus courses and training that provide a foundation for or build upon study abroad experiences