From Arabic to Italian, Japanese to Punjabi, Russian to Turkish, with numerous dialects in between, language influences your perception and understanding of the world, societies and cultures around you.
Use the Language Study Chart
to see the choice of language programming, universities and cities in which key languages are taught for UCEAP. Language and culture programs and unique languages may be viewed on the links provided below.
UCEAP provides many options:
- Beginning through advanced language classes build grammar and vocabulary as you live and study abroad any term.
- Full immersion into regular university courses with local students taught in the language of the host country. Begin with an intensive language program (ILP) to prepare before regular classes begin, and maximize fluency in the host language.
- Welcoming cities provide opportunities to strengthen language ability in daily conversation and develop proficiency within and beyond the classroom.
- Language and culture programs focus specifically on language acquisition.
- Unique opportunities to learn languages that are not commonly taught at UC home campuses.
Study in English
If you do not speak another language, many UCEAP countries
have programs that don't require prior language study. UCEAP has programs with courses taught in English in over 30 countries, including many where English is not the first language of the host country.