Steps to apply
1. Research Peace Corps posts — If you plan to go into the Peace Corps, check out volunteer placements on its website. Tailor your Peace Corps Prep plan to the post that most appeals to you.
2. Get the details — Take a look at the application checklist to see what you'll need to do for Peace Corps Prep. Student Guides list ideas for coursework and volunteer and leadership projects at your campus.
3. Choose your work sector — Decide on a professional area or work sector you’d like to experience.
4. Research UCEAP study abroad programs — Check out UCEAP programs, and choose one that works with your Peace Corps, professional or educational goals. If you’ve already studied abroad with UCEAP, you can check off this requirement.
5. Find your courses — See which classes your UC campus or study abroad program offer that will count toward program goals. Look for 3 work sector courses, language skills courses, 2 global or area studies courses, and a diversity course. Courses you’ve already taken could count toward program goals.
6. Decide on work or volunteer and leadership projects — Explore the Student Guide for your campus to get suggestions. Previous stints as a volunteer or project leader could fit your needs.
7. Fill out and turn in your application — Use the plan you just mapped out to write up your application. Then upload it to UCEAP by the deadlines below. The UCEAP Peace Corps Prep coordinator will work with you to make sure your coursework and proposals meet program standards. If you decide to change your plan, be sure to run it by the Peace Corps Prep coordinator for an okay.
8. Get to work! — Once you find out if you’ve been approved, you can put your plan in motion. Acceptance emails are sent out by the beginning of the winter quarter/spring semester for fall applicants and by the beginning of the fall term for spring applicants.
For fall term — Application cycle starts Oct. 15 with a final deadline of 5:00pm PT, Nov. 15.
For spring term — Application cycle starts March 16 with a final deadline of 5:00pm PT, April 16.