Navigate Up
Sign In
King's College London
This program allows you to become fully integrated into the academic and social life of King's College London. Fall, spring, and year options are open to you. To focus your studies in particular areas while studying abroad at King's College, you may choose from four of the six Study Abroad Tracks available: Ancient History & Archaeology; Ancient Literature; Religion & Society; and Literary & Visual Culture. Choosing a track, however, is not required.
Use the following resources to learn about courses on UCEAP:
  • Make sure to check the Academic Guide for all English Universities to see if King's College London offers the subject areas you want to study.
  • King's College London online catalog/course listings. Note that in the UK “course” typically refers to the degree or major and “modules” refer to individual classes.
  • If you are searching for courses related to Biomedical Sciences, search under the Faculty of Life Sciences&Medicine and follow the link provided in the yellow box.
  • MyEAP Course Catalog lists courses previously taken by UC students. Additional courses may be available and not all courses may still be offered. Courses that have not yet been taken for credit will not appear in the MyEAP Course Catalog
  • The Program Guide provides detailed information about the English Universities program.
You are required to take a full-time course of study while abroad: 21-24 quarter/14-16 semester UC units per semester; usually 4 courses or 60 King's College London units. A total of 42-48 quarter/28-32 semester UC units are required per year. 
Research and Independent Study
Independent study or research for academic credit may be possible. Arrangements are generally made after arrival at the host institution, although in some cases predeparture preparation may be required.
University of London (King's College; Queen Mary College; Royal Holloway) 
King’s College London enrolls about 22,000 students, including more than 4,000 international students. King’s College offers degree programs in schools of Education, Humanities, Law, Physical Sciences, Engineering, and Life Sciences, including Medicine and Dentistry. Strong disciplines include American studies, classics, computer science, film studies, geography, physics, and religious studies. The School of Biomedical Sciences offers a wide range of undergraduate program courses in the areas of anatomy, cell and human biology, biomolecular science, pharmacology, and therapeutic physiotherapy.

King’s College is located in the heart of London, while student residences are located in many different parts of the city. As in any heavily-populated, geographically large city and environs, students should be independent, proactive, and prepared to live in a very expensive locale with high food and transportation costs.

Test Drive Your Future

Internships abroad are a great way to enhance your resume for today’s competitive job market. Stand out from your peers, gain hands-on experience, and develop your global professional network.
Important: Your ability to participate in any internship in the U.K. either for academic credit or life experience depends upon obtaining the correct Tier 4 Student Visa before departure. You must request a CAS number from the host university after acceptance.  The CAS number is needed in order to apply for the Tier 4 Student Visa.   

1. Study Abroad plus Internship Program offered by King's College London

This accredited internship module uses an internship placement to equip students with an understanding of the skills, attributes, and behaviors needed for a career in the Liberal Arts & Cultural sector. It is offered to year and spring students only. 
Setting Up Your Internship: You must be registered in the Internship module at King's College London. Contact the Study Abroad plus Internship Program staff for more details. 
Additional Information:  You will receive full guidance from the Internships Office on all aspects of the internship. 

2. Internships found through the UCEAP London Study Center

Become engaged in internships through the resources of the London Study Center. The Study Center has information on possible internships in the community, including some in the summer after the end of a year program. According to U.K. visa regulations, only year program students will be able to remain in the U.K. long enough to participate in a summer internship. However, fall or spring students can participate in an internship during the fall or spring term.
Setting Up Your Internship: Contact the London Study Center and submit a resume or CV and a cover letter. The Study Center can assist by writing a letter of recommendation for you, if needed by the internship provider.

3. Student - initiated internships

Be creative and design your own internship. Participants have interned at cultural events, at various city councils, and communication companies such as the BBC. These internships are frequently not for academic credit; however, if your internship is substantial you can request credit by following these three steps.
Setting Up Your Internship: Contact companies and organizations that align with your interest.  Career Development Offices on campus offer excellent guidance on resume or CV and cover letter writing. For students who wish to start the internship search prior to departure, we recommend looking at the host institution's online career resources. 
Student Experiences:
"...I decided I wanted to go into public relations. I began by researching all the PR agencies located in Leeds, looking at their websites and blogs to get a sense of the company and whether they would be open to accepting interns. I eventually found a company called MCG PR, a team of women who specialized in public relations for consumer products. [...] Inspired, I started writing a cover letter to them, describing my goals and relating to the post about how it had solidified the notion of my wanting to try my hand at public relations. Working in a tea-induced frenzy, I attached my CV and sent an email to them. The next day, Sarah, one of the partners of MCG, emailed me and asked for my availability, beginning one of the best experiences I’ve had so far while studying abroad. "
Teresa Chang (U.K.-England, University of Leeds, 2012/13)

UCEAP students are responsible to make their own housing arrangements and payments to the housing provider of their choice.  Most students choose on- or off-campus dormitories or university-owned housing in the community, while others choose private accommodations in flats or shared houses.  All universities have resources to help you find private housing.

A number of university-owned accommodations are located throughout London on both sides of the Thames. Each hall offers recreation rooms, pantries providing basic cooking facilities, laundries, television rooms, and some also offer quiet study areas, cycle sheds, access to sports and game facilities, gardens, and more. Some are for King’s College students, while seven intercollegiate halls accept students from all colleges within the University of London. Some halls accommodate a number of postgraduate students; if you are an older undergraduate, you may wish to consider these choices.

UCEAP students recommend Wolfson House, Lonsdown Terrace International House, both the Stamford Street Apartments (just across Waterloo Bridge from the college), and the intercollegiate residences. These options are conveniently located near classes, a major factor in making a London housing decision. The Stamford Street residence is only for King’s College students. Do not choose housing in Champion Hill, which is far from campus and in an undesirable area. Housing in Hampstead is also far from campus, but the area is desirable and the costs are lower, except for the cost of daily transportation. Students say Brian Cramer House is not a good place to live, citing security and maintenance issues.

The halls are served by public transportation and access to King’s College is by bus, underground, or British Rail. Travel times vary from ten minutes to approximately one hour. For example, if you stay at Hampstead Campus Residence, you must purchase a monthly underground pass costing approximately $120, but if you stay at Great Dover, you can walk to classes. Transportation costs are a serious factor in choice of housing.

You may note your choice of hall and consideration will be given to your preference; however, places in specific halls cannot be guaranteed and you are advised to select as many halls as possible.


London is the capital of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland) and is one of the major financial, media, and cultural capitals of the world. Studying here offers you the chance to enjoy an immense range of historical sites, museums, art galleries, concert venues, sports events, shopping, and theaters all a short distance from your university.  Take advantage of the many walking tours and tour buses available. The picturesque countryside includes Kew Garden, Canterbury Cathedral, and the town of Windsor. These attractions are only a short train ride away when you need to escape the 24/7 activity of the cosmopolitan city.


The campus is in the heart of London, close to the city’s many academic resources and rich cultural opportunities in music, theater, sports, museums, and art galleries. The British Museum, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, the National Gallery, and the West End are all within walking distance of the college. Be independent and proactive in taking advantage of the many activities offered.