Navigate Up
Sign In
University of the Arts London / Wimbledon College of Arts

Study Abroad Program Overview

Experience the rich histories, diverse cultures, and vibrant lifestyles of the United Kingdom while you study at one of the campuses of the prestigious University of the Arts London.  Each campus specializes in exciting hands-on work from photography to communications and many other endeavors in between.​
The website for our Study Centers in the U.K. and Ireland provides access to social media and much more. 
UCEAP Orientation: Your program begins with an event-filled two-day UCEAP-only orientation in London, where you'll meet other UC students studying in England before you head off to your English university for a local orientation.
  • In the spring semester, join UC students from all over the UK on a weekend excursion or event. Past trips have included a Shakespeare play at Stratford-upon-Avon, a visit to the Houses of Parliament, and afternoon tea at a posh London hotel.
Students attend classes with host country students.

Language of Instruction


Language Study



Go to the Participants section to see current or past calendars.
Spring Semester :  
​early February to late May









UCEAP students locate, reserve, and pay directly for housing.  Your UAL College will email you a Welcome Pack with accommodation information.  Short-term students may not be able to find housing in UAL dorms; UAL will provide links to several resources for local housing.
There are thirteen halls of residence located throughout central London for students attending one of the UAL colleges. Each hall offers a safe, student-focused environment as well as the chance to experience living in vibrant and distinct areas of the city. The unique halls provide a variety of different room types, including single and studio, en suite and not en suite. Many halls arrange these rooms in cluster flats, helping to create an enriching community experience. Most  halls provide: internet access; on-site laundry facilities; a common room; and a social program which is open to all residents. UAL’s accommodation webpage features 360-degree virtual tours of all the residences, enabling students to view a model of each hall’s room options and facilities. Students with disabilities can be accommodated at Camberwell, Cordwainers, The Costume Store, Don Gratton House, Mana Ash, and Will Wyatt.

Extracurricular Activities

​Students are encouraged to participate in sports, clubs, and social activities offered on campus and in the community.  This is the best way to meet local people and enjoy the cultural experience of this program.  Additional information is available by clicking on the host institution link under the Courses and Credit tab.
Internships may be available in the summer following the year program. Students must already have the Tier 4 Student Visa and are responsible to make their own internship arrangements.  However, the UCEAP Study Center can help identify and approach the company, provide a letter of recommendation, and help with the required application or resume.

On-site Support

This program is overseen by the EAP Study Center in London. Local staff abroad help students integrate into the culture and provide assistance with academics, safety, and other issues.
See the  EAP Program Guide for program-specific details about host institutions, program structure, and courses; academic culture and conduct; internships, research, & independent study; units, exams, and grades; orientation; housing; and information about the intensive language program (if applicable). --Coming Soon.

Course Opportunities

Wimbledon College of Arts offers you two areas of study: Fine Art and Theater Design/Costume Design
Theater Design/Costume Design
  • Research in Practice (8 UC quarter units)
  • Contextualizing Practice (16 UC quarter units)
Fine Art - you choose one of the three pathways available to you:  Painting, Sculpture, Print and Time-Based Media
  • Research London (8 UC quarter units)
  • Developing Subject-Specific Practice (16 UC quarter units)
Note: This is a new program. Course titles and course details are subject to change.


You are required to take a full-time course of study while abroad: 24 quarter/16 semester UC units per semester.

Internships, Research, and Independent Study

​These options are not available.

​Learn more about Wimbledon College of Arts. 
Participation in UCEAP is a great value! The cost of studying abroad on UCEAP programs is typically less than that of non-UC study abroad programs. The dollar figures listed in the chart below represent an estimate of: 1) the UCEAP fees for the current year, and 2) the additional amount needed to cover your living expenses in this location. Estimates for personal travel, entertainment and Non-Resident (out of state) Fees are not included.
Keep in mind that on UCEAP you take your financial aid with you. The amount of your financial aid package will take into account the total estimated costs of this experience. One advantage of selecting UCEAP for study abroad is that we facilitate the process by working with your UC Financial Aid Office (FAO), informing them of your UCEAP participation and providing them with your UCEAP budget. Just like your UC Campus billing office, we receive your financial aid and scholarships from your FAO, apply it to cover the UCEAP program fees, and disburse any remaining aid on a set schedule.

An error occurred accessing the columns in the Active Programs list. (You may need to assign the program to the page.)
These expenses are estimated for 2017-18. Actual amounts will vary due to potential changes to UC fees, exchange rate fluctuation, etc. For a more detailed breakdown of 2017-18 payment information, visit the Participants Portal and select the appropriate program. Estimates do not include non-resident supplemental tuition. If you are subject to out-of-state tuition at your UC campus, you will pay non-resident fees on UCEAP.
Here’s what is included in the estimate:
  • All pre-departure expenses related to visas
  • Round-trip airfare
  • UC fees
  • Optional airport meet and greet
  • On-site Orientation
  • Books and other materials
  • Accident and medical insurance
  • Automatic transfer of classes and grades to your UC transcript
While on UCEAP, you are covered by UC’s accident and medical insurance, including non-medical benefits, and 24/7 travel assistance anywhere in the world.​



UCEAP scholarships are available. Please visit our scholarships overview page for general information and details regarding eligibility requirements and application deadlines.​

An error occurred accessing the columns in the Active Programs list. (You may need to assign the program to the page.)

Application Information and Deadlines

Important: If you are planning to participate in back to back study abroad programs (with UCEAP or any other organization), you must notify your campus study abroad office. There are important things to consider when participating in consecutive programs, such as program dates and visa requirements. Not all program combinations are possible.

Application deadlines and information on the application process are available through your Campus EAP Office. Supplemental pre-departure materials will be required for many programs, including, but not limited to, host institution applications, visa and housing applications, medical clearances, etc.

For participation in the program, you must meet all deadlines and submit complete application materials.

These are minimum requirements. After selection by your UC Campus EAP Office, final admission is determined by the host university.

Visit your Campus Study Abroad website for program-specific deadlines: