Navigate Up
Sign In
Japan  2016-17
Graduate Studies, International Relations, Univ. of Tokyo - Spring

UCEAP Travel Requirements

Please review each of the tabs above for important program information. This page will be updated as more details become available.
Begin preparing now by reviewing the 2016-17 UC​EAP Guide to Study Abroad.

Money Matters

Please review each of the tabs above for important program information. For financial questions, review the 2016-17 UCEAP Guide to Study Abroad before contacting your UCEAP Finance Accountant at

2016-17 Payment Due Dates and Amount Due

  • First payment of $950.00 is due by: December 1, 2016​
  • Refer to the second page of your UCEAP Student Budget (available below) for subsequent payment due dates.
  • Financial Aid Students: Your first payment is deferred until the second payment due date. Your MyEAP account will automatically be assessed a late payment fee for the first payment, which will be reversed if/when UCEAP receives your financial aid.
  • 2016-17 Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule

2016-17 Payment Instructions


UCEAP Program Budget(s) and Payment Schedules​

  • Spring Semester

Notice regarding Fall, Winter and Spring UC tuition

Actual tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California and could be affected by increases or reductions in State funding, or other developments.

2016-17 Fees and Penalties​

Release of Financial Information (Parent Access)

Third Party Authorization/Restriction:

2016-17 eRefund Direct Deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer Authorization (EFT))

Frequently Asked Questions


Insurance Information

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO.  Important information about the UCEAP Travel Insurance policy and your campus student health insurance plan.

The UCEAP travel insurance policy provides you with benefits as a UCEAP participant while traveling outside the U.S.  This travel insurance policy cannot substitute the minimum essential coverage (MEC) mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) that requires most individuals to have qualified health insurance for each month of the year, including while living and studying abroad.
The University of California requires you to have a MEC plan (campus student health insurance or a private plan) while studying abroad through UCEAP. As all registered UC students, you are responsible for either 1) paying the required campus health insurance fee at your UC campus, or 2) obtaining a health insurance waiver at your UC campus. 
Inform yourself.  Read important information and details about your UCEAP travel insurance below.
The UCEAP travel insurance automatically covers UC students anywhere in the world 14 days before the official start, through 31 days after, the official end, of your UCEAP program. The premium is paid by the University of California.  
The UCEAP travel insurance is not the same as the UC campus health insurance plan. It does  not cover routine/preventive care. If sick or injured while abroad, contact the local staff for instructions to get medical care.  As local health care providers will not bill U.S. insurance companies directly for services rendered, you must pay for your own non-emergency medical costs up front and file a claim to be reimbursed. If you have any questions regarding the benefits provided under the travel insurance contact
KNOW BEFORE YOU NEED CARE:  Review information below for details.
Insurance Checklist, Contact Information, and Claims Process
To Do
Important - Plan Ahead
Read the Insurance chapter, UCEAP Guide to Study Abroad
  • You are automatically covered. UC pays the monthly cost. The insurance
    carrier is ACE-USA.

Review policy documents  

Email if you have questions about eligibility or benefits.

SHARE with your parents or guardians. KNOW what's covered before traveling.
UCEAP insurance coverage starts 14 days before the official start of the program; ends 31 days after the last day of the program.

Refer to your program calendar on the Participants page.
7 days before desired period of coverage for extension insurance (out-of-country coverage only)
Need out-of-country coverage sooner than 14 days before the official start of your program?
DISCUSS with family if you will need out-of country coverage insurance coverage before or after UCEAP.
7 days before the official end date of UCEAP program for extension insurance (out-of-country coverage only)
Need out-of-country coverage longer than 31 days after the official end of the program?
DISCUSS with family if you will need out-of-country insurance coverage after UCEAP.
4.​ Print NOW PRINT and carry a copy with you at all times.​

For questions about travel insurance coverage, benefits, eligibility, and claims

Administrative Concepts, Inc. (ACI)
Phone: 1+ (888) 293-9229 (inside the U.S.)
Phone: (011-610) 293-9229 (outside the U.S.)
Fax: 1+ (610) 293-9299 Email:

How to Submit Travel Insurance Claims

Online Accident & Illness Claims Submission - ​ 

The member ID requested is your UC ID number.

All required information must match what you entered in your MyEAP account.  All relevant fields are required.
2)  PREPARE documents: Scan (or photograph) and save receipts and other supporting documents you will use to justify your claim.
3)  VERIFY THE ADDRESS where the check will be sent.
4)  REVIEW your claim form. If you need to correct anything, click the GO BACK button on the form.
5)  CLICK SUBMIT and download a PDF copy for your records.
6)  UPLOAD supporting claim documents.
7) ALERT SOMEONE at the address you entered to watch for an envelope addressed to you from Administrative Concepts, Inc. (ACI).

Other methods for submitting claims

COMPLETE appropriate claim form and sign it (for prescription refills use Accident and Sickness).
    Scan completed claim form and receipts. Attach to an email addressed to:
Fax completed claim form and receipts to 1+ (610) 293-9299
Mail completed claim form and receipts to:

Administrative Concepts, Inc.
994 Old Eagle School Road, Suite 1005
Wayne, PA 1908
For general questions about the travel insurance or assistance services, contact 

In case of a medical EMERGENCY

  1. Contact local emergency services.
  2. Proceed to the emergency room of the local hospital.
  3. Contact the UCEAP local staff and/or host institution staff.
  4. Contact 24/7 United Healthcare Global Emergency Response Center
    1-800-527-0218 (U.S. and Canada)
    1-410-453-6330 (international collect, outside the U.S.)
For questions about the UCEAP travel insurance extension and dependent coverage

Alex Zeron, Mercer Health & Benefits
1166 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036
Phone: +1 (212) 345-8910
Fax: +1 (212) 948-8320


Program calendars are updated as dates become available.
Do not make any travel arrangements until the dates for your program option are posted. If dates are unavailable, see the previous year's calendar for a general idea.​ ​​​

Policies and Contracts

When you choose to participate in UCEAP, you accept the rights and responsibilities of membership in the UCEAP community.
This section contains important policies that address your rights and responsibilities while on UCEAP. It is your responsibility to read, understand, and abide by all policies and procedures, even when they exceed those of your UC campus.
The following UCEAP policies implement various provisions of the University-wide Policies Applying to Campus Activities, Organizations, and Students.

 Official UCEAP Policies



Participation Petitions

Study List Petitions

Research, Internship, and Independent Study Forms

Evaluation of UCEAP Coursework for Credit

To the Student: Please provide a copy of this coversheet together with all the relevant information you have about each class that you wish to petition for credit, including:
  • The MyEAP course catalog description.
  • The syllabus and/or reading list (Note: syllabi may not be in use in all countries)
  • Any graded papers, projects or examinations which you completed
For more information about petitioning courses for credit, please see the UCEAP Guide to Study Abroad.​
Search Our Programs
by country
advanced search
Japan: Summer Lab Research, Engineering & Science, Osaka University
Previous Next >
Summer Lab Research, Engineering & Science, Osaka University
apply now